rihla 21


Advertisement
Algeria's flag
Africa » Algeria » East » Batna
March 4th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern day slavery is demonstrated when indidvuals are to forced to work on commercial sex trades, farms, and in factories. These occupations are often dehumanizing and are violent.





2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

It connects to the legacy of president Linclon becuase he ended slavery yet in the article in the article slavery is demonstrated by how the women are dehumanized





3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?





The polaris project is a hotline that indivduals who feel used as slave or experienced slavey can to seek and reicieve help.





4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?





Yes i do agree witht the article that sex trafficing is a form of modern day slavery. The way that women are being treated is inhuman and that is exaclty who slaves were treated before.





5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?





An example of modern day are the indivduals locked up. They me be in jail for their rest of their lives and a higher power indivudal tells them when to eat and sleep.





6. Additional thoughts/questions

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb