I'm looking for some ideas on what to do for a holiday. I have a fair bit of leave saved up and I need to use some up. So far I am short of ideas, and I'm hoping the more experienced travellers at this forum might have some good ideas for a trip.
I have a sort of list of what I want /don't want of the trip:
- Will be about 2 weeks, maybe 3, maybe 1.
- Not a fan of booze/party holidays, nor pure sight seeing holidays
- Mostly like the adventure-type holiday (e.g. I liked stuff on previous holidays like climbing a freezing and rainy Mt Fuji at night, skiing double-blacks etc). This includes any sort of holiday that feels 'achievement'-like, e.g. last trip we covered a lot of territory quickly, and made it to places 'on the outskirts' (off the typical touristy track) on foot.
- May have to go by myself, since most of my mates either can't afford it at the moment or have no leave
- Not a fan of Europe (but want to visit Iceland one day) or Africa, I mostly like Asia
- I'm currently residing in Australia (so somewhere like Iceland is quite expensive to get to, but its a possibility).
- I prefer 'high tech' and 'safe' (in the social sense), i.e. Japan scores 10, Africa (safari etc) scores 1.
- Preferably Northern Hemisphere
Sounds like a big ask, but I guess it good be an interesting exercise to work out
[Edited: 2012 May 27 14:56 - arem:240856 ]