Welcome to the Travel ForumsWhy join TravelBlog?
- Membership is Free and Easy
- Your travel questions answered in minutes!
- Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.
* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums
"Kiwi Birds Don't Fly"
Story of a 20 month mountain bike journey from London to NZ
B Posts: 8,353
"Kiwi birds don't fly" - they cycle, for 20 months, alone, on a cheap mountain bike, through dangerous countries just to get back home ... from London.
Riding her 18-speed mountain bike, which she nicknamed "Tankini" because "it's a tank", loaded with 80kg of gear and with just $7.35 a day to spend, she trained her stomach to survive off just one meal a day.
- NZ Herald Reply to this