Background: Bolivia, named after independence fighter Simon BOLIVAR, broke away from Spanish rule in 1825; much of its subsequent history has consisted of a series of nearly 200 coups and counter-coups. Comparatively democratic civilian rule was established in 1982, but leaders have faced difficult problems of deep-seated poverty, social unrest, and illegal drug production. Current goals include attracting foreign investment, strengthening the educational system, resolving disputes with coca growers over Bolivia's counterdrug efforts, and waging an anticorruption campaign.
Photos from Yungas Road
Blogs from Yungas Road
Latest Blogs from Yungas Road
- April 1st 2013 115 diena. Mirties kelias.
by Words: 448 Photos: 1
- June 28th 2012 La Senda Verde
by Words: 297 Photos: 10
- June 9th 2012 World´s Most Dangerous Road
by Words: 397 Photos: 4
- April 28th 2012 The Most Dangerous Road in the World...
by Words: 453 Photos: 0
- August 7th 2011 Rurrenabaque to Buenos Aires
by Words: 923 Photos: 0
- July 25th 2011 Cycling down the death road (shortcuts not advised)
by Words: 850 Photos: 0
- October 25th 2010 The World's Most Dangerous Road
by Words: 1356 Photos: 15
- August 13th 2010 Rio Selva Resort
by Words: 526 Photos: 30
- March 24th 2010 Death Road!
by Words: 1239 Photos: 0
- October 19th 2009 The Most Dangerous Road In The World
by Words: 1100 Photos: 3
- June 1st 2009 We survived the death road!! And got the t-shirt
by Words: 718 Photos: 12
- May 24th 2009 Chulumani
by Words: 140 Photos: 11
- May 22nd 2009 J'ai survecu a la route la plus dangereuse du monde (non sans mal par contre...)
by Words: 2815 Photos: 5
- April 18th 2009 The Death Road / North Yungas - Bolivia
by Words: 990 Photos: 8
- March 27th 2009 La Paz, the Choro trek, Coroico Copa Cabana
by Words: 722 Photos: 36
- November 5th 2008 Surviving the worlds most dangerous road....
by Words: 493 Photos: 9
- October 4th 2008 Maybe we should´ve flown?
by Words: 624 Photos: 2
- September 20th 2008 Headaches, Dinousaurs and a Bump or two
by Words: 4454 Photos: 47
- September 18th 2008 The Most Dangerous Road In The World
by Words: 1350 Photos: 7
- May 19th 2008 The Death Road....
by Words: 719 Photos: 40