Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from La Rioja
Blogs from La Rioja
Latest Blogs from La Rioja
- April 12th 2013 Rain Forsets and Mountain Passes
by Words: 578 Photos: 23
- February 3rd 2013 65 diena. Aplanko keliavimo dvasia.
by Words: 627 Photos: 1
- April 18th 2012 Ruta 40 forces retreat
by Words: 954 Photos: 15
- September 7th 2011 Parc national de Talampaya: en pleine fournaise !
by Words: 2392 Photos: 24
- April 10th 2011 BMW Meltdown More Border Hassles
by Words: 2005 Photos: 40
- April 11th 2010 Drama at the Border
by Words: 857 Photos: 9
- May 22nd 2009 Transit!
by Words: 73 Photos: 0
- April 29th 2009 La Rioja
by Words: 746 Photos: 0
- April 11th 2009 Antofagasta to La Rioja
by Words: 1983 Photos: 10
- March 28th 2009 La Rioja, Argentina
by Words: 541 Photos: 2
- March 21st 2009 La Rioja und Laguna Verde
by Words: 904 Photos: 9
- March 16th 2009 Altitude and Blue Skies
by Words: 1210 Photos: 25
- July 14th 2008 A Sarah no le gusta la comida
by Words: 1160 Photos: 12
- July 4th 2008 Fernet or Cerveza ?
by Words: 1625 Photos: 9
- June 14th 2008 La Rioja
by Words: 6 Photos: 20
- April 5th 2008 From Chile into Argentina Again...
by Words: 3140 Photos: 1
- March 13th 2008 Completing the circuit and Talampaya
by Words: 524 Photos: 7
- December 20th 2007 The road is: long/hot/dry/wet/bug infested
by Words: 525 Photos: 6
- December 12th 2007 Out of this world - Laguna Brava
by Words: 401 Photos: 11
- November 12th 2007 Mit den Nonnen in La Rioja
by Words: 984 Photos: 5