Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Richmond Hill
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Richmond Hill
Latest Blogs from Richmond Hill
- July 15th 2013 Not a travel blog entry
by Words: 297 Photos: 0
- June 14th 2013 Hello Again, Friend of a Friend
by Words: 104 Photos: 0
- August 1st 2012 Truth in Television Travel Reports
by Words: 1225 Photos: 0
- April 30th 2012 Back In Business
by Words: 448 Photos: 0
- February 23rd 2012 3rd Annual Cruise for the Cure a SUCCESS!!
by Words: 357 Photos: 4
- December 21st 2011 Cruising Rant...
by Words: 355 Photos: 0
- December 14th 2011 Thomas Cook / Venice
by Words: 252 Photos: 0
- November 15th 2011 Ready for Adventure!
by Words: 114 Photos: 1
- September 2nd 2008 two more sleeps......
by Words: 146 Photos: 1
- July 2nd 2008 Oh? Canada!
by Words: 1194 Photos: 0
- January 24th 2007 Packing
by Words: 62 Photos: 1