Caracas Pit Stop - Piccies 14/2


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela
January 25th 2005
Published: January 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

2am start to head for the airport and onto Lan Chile to Caracas .... or Crackaasssss as we have kindly renamed it. Lan Chile was great and the Nuestro Hostel sent the fabulous English speaking Mr Ferrars to meet me at the airport. He was absolute gold, showed me all the safe places to change money etc.

Caracas airport is on the coast and you drive through three incredible tunnels to the city which is situated behind the mountain. The houses cascade down incredible slopes, colourful areas of poverty with washing hanging from 40 storey windows.

One of the best drives ever..... Nuestro is a love hotel and the owners were beautiful, helpful and made sure you got everywhere that you could safely. Other backpackers had been through to Mereda and were on their way along the coast.

After my early start I crashed out at 5, not that you want to be out after dark alone anyway and then headed to the Brazilian embassy the next morning. 5 day wait for visas but I begged in extremely poor Spanish and got it the next day.

Met up with the 5 people I~m touring with through Venezeula and Brazil and indulged in the best fish and salads. The beers better than the wine and the Grand Sabana was filled with the fiesty baseball crowd. They love the baseball.

Missed out on the seeing the Museums but not too upset. Jumped on the bus and headed for Puerto la Cruz, chasing my group, since the visa took a few hours..... and this is where the fun began!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb