Lizard Lolly


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela
September 26th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lizard LollyLizard LollyLizard Lolly

big Mouth
Our trip to the tallest waterfalls in the world (at least that is what the Venuzuelians claim!) was brilliant!
Angel Falls is in the middle of the Jungle and it is quite a mission to get there...
First you fly in a 6 seater plane which is a little bit scary, especially as our pilot insisted on pointing out different interesting trees, rivers and giant rocks along the way... this involved him taking his hands off the controls turning round pointing and shouting in spanish until the plane started to drop to one side then he would grab the controls and get control of the plane seconds before we were about to die ( at least that is what it felt like!) I was more interested in landing safely than looking at some giant rock!

We were put into a groúp with lots of Danish guys who loved to walk around in there pants and smear sun cream on each other, a mad Belgium chick who was obsessed with English comedy shows, her favourites being Keeping up Appearences and Blackadder a couple from Norwich a couple of Spanish guys and Ryan from England.

We travelled into the Jungle for 5 hours by river boat then finally arrived at the tallest waterfalls in the world, it was pretty impressive although I thought it would have more water running off of it (apparently it depends on how much it has rained - not how much you have paid for your trip!) We slept in hammocks hung out in thye jungle and had a great time.

The best thing by far (I thought!) was seeing a snake eat a whole Lizard! the snake bit the lizard crushed him and then managed to fit the whole lizard in his mouth - it took about an hour but was pretty impressive!! has put me off eating Lizards for a while though!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb