Bad day


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent the entire day today trying to organise stuff...Everything is really really expensive, like boat tours to the islands and stuff, and is obviously twice as expensive since we´re now drawing cash out of ATMs at the crappy exchagne rate.

We spent most of the day trying to find a cash point that worked, and once we did decided to hire a car since it would be impossible to see all the little beaches along the coastal highway without one.

Car hire was at the airport in Barcelona, a nearby town, so we had to get a bus there. Was a bit creepy on the bus, since the last stop was Barcelona city but he decided to drop us at the airport..The doors of the bus that were open suddenly closed and he started driving off into what looked like nowhere, so we were getting a bit worried...until the airport came into sight, and we realised he was doign us a favour

thats the sad thing here, because you have to be so careful, when people are being nice to you, you´re being really suspicious and wondering whether they are out to mug you.

anyway we finally got the car and drove off listening to loud reggaeton on the radio, but since it was too late we stopped back off at puerto la cruz to sleep for the night..

dinner was at another shawarma place, where the waiter was curious to knowwhere we were from...as soon as i said india he couldnt have cared less about graeme, just assumed we were both indian, and told us how chavez loves india and how india and venezuela are best buddies...we even got some complimentary food because of being indian!

the hostel from the previous night was full however, so we stayed in this one next to it (margelina)and how we regretted it...

our room had a bathroom, but no door to it...then (just before i was going to use the toilet) we realised the flush didnt work...so we had to ask the guy if we could use the toilet in another room...then once we were getting into bed, a massive cockroach runs past..and five minutes later a mouse runs past it...and graeme´s been dropping crumbs on the floor all this while...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb