Los Roques Venezuela


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Insular » Los Roques
July 9th 2006
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Remember us!!!

Have made it back on Terra Firma sitting in a cafe in Quito Equador after spending the last few weeks in Island mode around the north part of South America and having an amazing time !!!

Our first stop on the trip was at Los Roques National Park off the coast of Venezuela. The area is made up of around 40 tiny islands in the shape of a horseshoe with only a couple of them being inhabited with the center being a stunning lagoon teaming with tropical fish...

It was a very relaxing start to the trip, Los Roques is a very tranquill place with little to do other than lie around in the sun, the main attraction for the day time is to take a taxi boat to one of the many deserted islands and play robinson crusoe... Very nice. We stayed at a lovely little Posada 'Los Corales´ and where the only ones there, great food, great company perfect start to the trip.

Los Roques is also home to the third largest coral reef in the world after Australia and Belize so we decided what better place to get our diving licenses. We spent one day getting all our practical training done and then a second day doing our first two open water dives, absolutely spectacular, it was great fun and we´re now both fully fledged divers.

So that was Los Roques, we headed out of there and spent a night in Caracas before transferring over to Equador, nice place and gave us the chance to catch up on the footy allowing for a bozy lunch watching England loose to Portugal...

Well we´re off for a spot of lunch now but will be back later for all our news on the fabulous Galapagos Islands...

Hope works going well for you all......

Adios, John and Rox x






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Me EsposaMe Esposa
Me Esposa

Watching the sun go down on Grand Rock
Roxy´s 1st DiveRoxy´s 1st Dive
Roxy´s 1st Dive

Heading into the blue for our first open water dive...
Taking a break... Taking a break...
Taking a break...

before another dive in the afternoon
AeropuertoAeropuerto
Aeropuerto

Los Roques style...
Adios Amigo!Adios Amigo!
Adios Amigo!

And onto the next leg of our trip. Galapagus here we come...


13th July 2006

Bastards!
looks like youre having a great time , place looks amazing! Roxy- just to let you know i sent that thing to your mum. xxx
13th July 2006

JEALOUS - stuck in the evil empire
This is such an amazing oportunity! I am so jealous that you were watching the world cup, and laying in the sun, while I am stuck in Line Adoption madness!! I am a certified diver, so can I meet you somewhere and join the trip!?!?!?! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start! We miss you both!
14th July 2006

Wow
Looks mega fab guys ... sounds like a trip of a lifetime. HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY FOR THIS WEEKEND! XXXXX

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb