Crazed in Caracas


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Capital » Caracas
January 9th 2009
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
I finally found an internet cafe, at the end of a mad week rushing from one meeting to another, where our host always went over time so tyhere were no breaks in between, and we never got home before 8pm when the local internet cafe was closed. I have no groceries, no time, and only just got US dollars changed...going to try to upload a few pics but first will say a little bit about our adventures: went out to a village on a bus 2 hours´journey. 2 bolivaros coming back the driver charged 10 bolivaros (think that´s how you write it) for the same trip, then got a puncture on a high bridge at night, tried to raise the wheel, whole bus rocked I was out of there so fast, followed by the others. WE were eventually put on another bus, but all pleased to be alive.
We are going to hear Chavez on Monday at a park. You wouldn´t believe the number of revolutionary paintings, photos, posters all over pre-schools and schools. Right going to try uploading now. Maybe I should publish this first...

Advertisement



9th January 2009

Where is the AA when you need it?
Both organisations actually cause that rocky bus stuff would drive me to drink! Glad you're ok. Good luck posting photos, I'm sure the Internet cafe owner will show you how for a bolivaros or two..
10th January 2009

Be caref Mama!
Scary bus Mama, poor you! Take lots of photos of normal every day stuff, even if it doesn't seem important at the time (good advice I've never been able to follow).

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb