Caracas


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Capital » Caracas
November 10th 2007
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a six hours on the bus we arrived in Caracas froze to the core. The air con on the bus was ridiculous and the only restbite was when we stopped for lunch which I used to heat up in the sun! We also had chance to taste our first Arepa, similar to a pita and filled with roast pork, cheese and salad, very filling.

Once at the bus station we tried to haggle for a taxi but they all wanted double what the hotel told us to pay! They were saying that petrol was very expensive just a shame its one of the cheapest places in the world at 2p a litre compared to £1.20 at home?! So after an hour on another bus and metro we arrived at our pre booked hotel nice and safe and was started to get that feeling of what was we worried about, everything was as safe as anywhere else we have been and there was lots of friendly people who helped us along the way. Hotel Cristal (80,000 VEB) $15 per night in the Sabana Grande area which was cheap enough and will do for 1 night.

We still kept our wits about us as we have heard lots of scarey stories about this place so didn't push our luck. We went out for walk around the busy shopping area close to our hotel and made sure we got some food before heading back about 9 ish before it got too late.

Mum and Dawn managed to land safely and all is going to plan for their 2 weeks away!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb