On Arrival....


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Capital » Caracas
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi there,

The flights over where fine, still i think 9 hours on a plane pushes my comfort zone a little too far. Madrid airport is something else - Beautiful clean and modern.

As the plane came into land in Caracas the view out the window was spectacular huge mountains covered in greenery with little communities dotted all around them right down to the sandly beaches and clear blue waters.

When i had gotten past luggage collection and customs I chickened out a little and got a taxi to my hotel - El Hotel Crystal which in on what i imagine is the main commericial street in this part of Caracas Sabana Grande. Its full of shops, cafes and restaurants.

The wierdest thing so far is that in the taxi we drove past the slums just outside the city and still there where huge billboards for pantene and LG mobile phones - strange how it can be so different but still maintain suttle similarities.

Anyways when i got to my hotel I hadnt slept for about 36 hours (not even on the plane) so i had a shower and went straight to bed, at 5:30pm. Woke up at 10am this morning managed to work up the courage to leave my room and went to a local Bodaiga to get some bottled water for the room. Then went back to the room for a bit before leaving to get a bite to eat and write this. found an interent cafe just round the corner so that was easy enough.

I think thats about it for now.
Think ill probably look into getting a coach to Mederia in the next couple of days - a town to the east beautiful, friendly and great for backpackers. Angel falls unfortunately looks doubtful - its in totally the wrong direction, that being south west from here but well see.

Hope your all well, take it easy

Andy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb