We´ve Arrived!!


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Capital » Caracas
December 22nd 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

The three muskateers have arrived in a some what cloudy Caracas. Our plane was slightly delayed, but we made our connecting flight in Madrid with about 10 minutes to spare. We would have missed it if we went ahead with Louise´s suggestion of going for a drink! The flight to Caracas was boring and we returned to our student days by swiping a pillow each from the flight. Once we got our bags we got together and decided that we had to play it cool and pretend that we knew where we were going, just so we did not stand out. However, as soon as we walked out of the doors that all went out of the window. We looked like and Louise looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. Eventually we got a taxi with a friendly local, but we started to worry when he walked past all of the cars with taxi on them and walked up to a car that we could only describe as interesting; a cross between a tank and a 1970´s disco (it made Betty and Nelly look new). At this point we started to pray, and preyed even harder when our new buddy paid a little tip to the policeman.

Gary started trying to befriend him in an effort to get him to like us and not rob us of all our worldly goods. After driving up the mountain near the airport, the driver pulled over on the hard shoulder behind a white van and turned off the engine. We all pooed our pants. However, it turned out he was opening up his glove compartment to show us a map of Merida, the city he is from.

We carried on, and then entered SHANTY TOWN. Louise was holding the door handle, Lorraine resorted to drinking her Holy Water and was holding on the bottle tight and Gary was holding his bum cheeks. It was at this time that we were thankful that we were in such a rust bucket because it did not draw too much attention to us. That did not stop little kids emerging from the dumps and trying to open the car doors. We would prefered to have been give a lap top and left in Hackney any day of the week.

After about 2 hours we arrived at our five star luxury and went straight to the bar. The fact that we looked like we had been dragged through a hedge backwards was not a priority after the nightmare journey we had just endured.

We are meeting up with our group tomorrow and making the most of the facilities we have as we know that we won´t be getting jacuzzi baths and power showers for at least 6 months.

Adios Amigos and we´ll be in touch soon.

Gary, Lorraine and Louise xxxx


Advertisement



23rd December 2006

Oi!
What's wrong with hackney!!!! Glad you made it there safely. keep in touch, love Bob x
23rd December 2006

gary's clenched bum cheeks!!
Hello you three, glad you all arrived safe and well. We now have visions of Gary saying to the little begger kids, " You can take my money but leave my anti bug sheet" and to the taxi driver "allright mate, been busy tonight, where's the best place to go?" So sorry to hear that gary couldn't leave the UK with his hair gel, whahahahahahahah. Have a great Christmas Love Dawn and Michael
25th December 2006

Merry Christmas!
Great to hear you have arrived safely....it is Christmas day here now so I want to wish you all a fab christmas and a happy new year! Take care....Keep us posted. Love Nicky and jim.xx

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb