Merida and JAJI


Advertisement
Venezuela's flag
South America » Venezuela » Andean » Mérida
November 1st 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Merida and JAJI


After what can only be described as a awful journey from Angel Falls to Merida which was 1 hr by plane and 32 hrs straight on a bus (with a road protest with the workers literally handcuffing themselves together and stopping traffic) we knew that Merida which is famous for paragliding and experience that great night life. We arrived at 1pm and by 3pm we were on our way to the top of the mountain to paraglide down. This was a great experience and we managed to take some shots form the air but we were both looking for more action, more adrenalin and more adventure!!!
The next day we took a local bus the Jaji (pronounced ah hee) which was a wonderful tiny village set in the middle of nowhere but surrounded by mountains and winding lanes ways. The waterfall covered the road and we had to walk the last 15 mins to the town which had a city square, big church, a small police station (which is probably never used) and loads of shops which sell the towns speciality which is strawberries and cream.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb