Salto and our girlies day at the hot springs!!!!


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » North » Salto
July 30th 2006
Published: August 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

What a hotelWhat a hotelWhat a hotel

It may have been cold, but The hotel was beautiful
What a relief to finally get into our hotel after a lovely 8 hour bus, then it being sooooo damn cold!!!! Our hotel is the oldest in Salto, built in the 1800´s, very cute, but no central heating so very very cold!!!!! The photo´s don´t really do it justice.

After a few hours sleep, we hoped on a local bus (yes we actaully got on another bus, after sitting on one for 8 hours), to the hot springs. What a perfect way to get over a night bus, and aclimatise to the cold???!!! (Alana, your jacket has come in very very handy, mind you i was swearing for a while!!!).

Spent the day in the hot pools, Kate even had a massage - after caring around backpacks it was needed!!! and yes eating and drinking!!! The Uruguains and Argentinians really know how to have a BBQ!!! I think Jillian nearly ate a whole chicken!!!! Yes she has died and gone to heaven!!!!

We eventually dragged ourselvses away from the nice hotness of the pools, only to go back to a nice warm fire and red wine at the hotel!!! Yes they have the best wine here!!! It was
What a hotelWhat a hotelWhat a hotel

It may have been cold, but The hotel was beautiful
actually quite funny, as the hotel guy told us we could cook in the kitchen, only to tell us half way through cooking risotto, that we only had 45 mins left to use the kitchen (and that included cleaning up), as some lady was coming and we were not suppose to be in there. Ummm, yummy risotto half cooked!!!! We got out of the kitchen, not a second to spare, all cleaned up (he told her we got take aways and only needed the use of cutlery and plates!!!) It was rather hilarious, but we enjoyed the wine and fire. Perfect way to end a girlies day!! Cute manager at hotel as well!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

What a dinner??!!What a dinner??!!
What a dinner??!!

It may have been undercook Risotto, but the atmosphere was awesome!!! Red REd wine & a fire!!!
What a hotelWhat a hotel
What a hotel

What an atmosphere


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb