Salto, Uruguay


Advertisement
Uruguay's flag
South America » Uruguay » North » Salto
March 8th 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having travelled for another 12 hours overnight, we are rudely awoken at 6am to say we have arrived in Concordia, Argentina and there are taxis waiting to take us over the border in to Uruguay. With only a day to see the sights we drop our bags at the hotel and head straight out.

We decide on a day of R & R and, together with the group, visit the "local" spa which is state of the art (circa. 1965) - where we both get massages and Suzz tries out the facial treatments.

After a lazy day we then enjoy dinner at a local restaurant where we sit, quite literally, in the road - the table and chairs being on the side of the main high street! We are also treated to a free evening´s entertainment: an electric storm with torrential rain, which lights up the skies with fork lightening as it passes directly overhead.

Running back to the hotel, which is only 2 blocks away, we get soaked to the core and then discover that our room is freezing cold, having left the air-con on in anticipation of warm weather!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb