Uruguay


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

While in Buenos Aires you can take a trip over to Uruguay for a few nights, its a short trip on the boat.
The most common trip would be a day in Colonia and also two nights in Montevideo the capital. Alternatively, you can simply take your time around the country. We spent two nights in Montevideo, it is a small city with not a whole lot to do.
As we were coming from Beunos Aries we were now beginning to get used of the late closing hours of the city. However this is not the case in Montevideo, everything seems to close at around 10pm or 11pm, although in saying this we were there in mid week and its suppose to be more lively during the weekends, so if you are thinking of a visit make sure its a weekend.
At night also the place becomes a little doge, so we would definitely not recommend on wandering around by yourself by night or even in a group, however the day time is fine with lots of stalls filling the streets with all types of goodies.
You get more for the Uruguayan pesos then the Argentina pesos so it works out to be really cheap in Uruguay. The best cappachino was drank here where we were all given the silver service, each cappachino was brought out to us on a silver tray with all the trimmings,(sparkling water, shot of orange juice, chocolate, cream servers in this tall legged egg type cup) it was a delightful afternoon tea party, so we went back there again after that lol!!.
We did visit the stadium where the first world cup was held, it was pretty cool to see but our structural engineer Anthony that was with us, claimed he would have failed it for a safety audit. We did see the first world cup in the museum which was cool. Nice city so worth a visit but more than a day or two is pushing it.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

A view of the portA view of the port
A view of the port

You will also see fishermen sitting on the walls around this port fishing for the daily catch.
Silver Service tea partySilver Service tea party
Silver Service tea party

Claire enjoying the delightful company of Ciara and Anthony discussing the activities of the day
The First World Cup.The First World Cup.
The First World Cup.

Won by Uruguay of course.
Where to sit?Where to sit?
Where to sit?

Dont want this to be a rushed decision!!
In the StadiumIn the Stadium
In the Stadium

Kevo reflecting over his drum'n'base days


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb