Montevideo -->Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The ferry from Montevideo to Buenos Aires leaves at 8am and Abby and I figure it'll take about an hour to get all of our stuff from the hostel to the bus station given the fact that everything is taking a lot longer in Uruguay than we had counted on. Since neither one of us had an alarm clock we figured the only sensible thing to do would be to party all night and just go straight to the bus terminal sans sleep. Turns out, this is a fantastic idea. Bars don't close in Montevideo and we managed to con some locals into our plan. We bar hopped all around the city and as the drinks kept flowing our new friends got progressively less and less willing /capable of speaking English and Abby and I got more and more willing to massacure the Spanish language.

As planned, we made our way back to the hostel around 630, and it was pretty weird to leave the bar as the sun was rising. We took a quick shower and made our way to the bus station. It was a 3 hour ride and then another 1 hour ferry which means we probably slept about an hour and a half total.

Once in Buenos Aires we made our way to our hostel in Palermo, which turns out...is not super close to the center of the city. It is however, the cutest/artsyist part of the town so we are pretty pleased with hour location. The hostel leaves a lot to be desired however. We were tricked by our guidebook/the internet. We decide we should just drop our stuff off and spend the least amount of time possible there. We decide we want to grab some lunch before we try to make our way downtown. It would be very difficult to be a vegetarian in this country as every meal we've had has been basically a meat plate. Even their "vegetarian" items seem to always have ham or bacon sprinkled on top.

BA has a pretty extensive metro system so we are able to hop on and make our way to our first stop which is a statue right in downtown. It looks suspeciously similar to the Washington Monument. Next we walked around in what I can only assume was 300 degree heat and toured the Presidental house which was painted a unique Jessie-pink. As you'll see in the photo below it was the exact color of my skin color.

After zombie walking through the city we decide it's time to head back, grab some dinner, then immediately pass out. Since our hostel is kind of gross we decide this is at least a 2 bottle of wine dinner. We go to a restaurant near our hostel and feast like kings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

...this feels borrowed too....this feels borrowed too.
...this feels borrowed too.

BA stop copying DC.


4th November 2012

I love the blog
Looks like you are havng a great time! Glad to know that people are taking care of you!! Just found the added pictures...maybe they weren't there before... or maybe I'm just a dolt... but I love them... keep them coming! I love you! Miss you! Have fun and be safe~!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb