Briefly dropping by the capital


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Montevideo - 26th and 27th of June, 2009



Montevideo is sometimes called the poor man´s Buenos Aires or even referred to as a suburb of BA because so many Argentineans holiday there. But we arrived in winter time and although it was sunny we couldn´t really enjoy Montevideo’s main highlights, especially as were only there for one night.

It was dark when the bus arrived so we took a taxi to a place recommended by the Lonely Planet. The hostel was actually a beautiful colonial house, with a very nice lady at reception. After dropping our stuff in our room, we went in search of food and settled on a massive buffet place, with all-you-can-eat meat, salads, Chinese food and deserts. Yum! The next morning we were up early because I had some internet jobs to do. After this, we wandered around the town for a while, making our way to the main plaza where what was once the tallest building in South America is located and finally made our way back to the hostel via the water.

Richard had bought us flights from Montevideo to Campo Grande in Brazil while we were in Colonia so we quickly grabbed our things and walked down to the local bus station where the bus to the airport left. Next stop Campo Grande (though we did land at a border town in Brazil and changed planes in Sao Paulo).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb