Punta Sol - Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
December 21st 2006
Published: December 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The trip from Cuenca proved much longer and difficult due to the main road being blocked by protesting locals. This led to a rather long day through unknown routes eventually stopping for dinner somewhere in the highlands of Ecuador. This became camp for the night, as the gang buckled in for another night in the truck. Toasties (Jaffles) plus rum and coke were dinner, with an early morning start to find the nearest town for a hot breakfast. Finally coming back to the main road, we continued on to Peru.

Arriving at Punta Sol, around 18 hours later than scheduled, the gang welcomed with open arms the warm north western Peruvian beachs… For those from the southern hemisphere, it was feeling more like Xmas.

The landscape has changed dramatically in 36 hours, from the lush equatorial rain forest of Ecuador to a dry, arid dessert of western Peru. Peru also has litter everywhere, and smells whenever one is by the roadside. Water is gold, and people now look more often at the Kamuka truck like booty, rather than intriguing ginkgos. Apparently on the east of the Andes, Peru has rich rain forests.

Nothing too cultural for the tour
Starbucks??Starbucks??Starbucks??

Breakfast after a night on the truck in the highlands...
over the next few days, games of beach volleyball, surfing, beach fire and horse riding, winding down for Xmas.

Early morning departure for a 12 hour drive to Huanchaco



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Banana PlantationsBanana Plantations
Banana Plantations

Am I in Cairns?
TuktukTuktuk
Tuktuk

More Tuktuks than Taxis in Peru
Cards on the TruckCards on the Truck
Cards on the Truck

12 hours days in the truck are regulars now - hearts anybody?
sandwich sandwich
sandwich

Dry desert lunch, it is a sand sandwich
WilsonWilson
Wilson

Volleyball against some locals on vacation from Lima...
WilsonWilson
Wilson

Great Match
WilsonWilson
Wilson

Volleyball is thirsty work
SurfingSurfing
Surfing

Phil shows us how it is done!
SurfingSurfing
Surfing

Phil is up, dave, sarah and theresa are trying...


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb