Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
May 3rd 2006
Published: May 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

At the funeral towersAt the funeral towersAt the funeral towers

Life goes on as it always has.
Yesterday we took a bus from Arequipa over high ground to Puno on the shore of Lake Titicaca. The lake is at 3800m. Trudy is feeling the effects of the altitude, headache. We are drinking coca tea. Today in the morning we went to visit the floating islands and this afternoon to visit the pre incan funeral towers. More details and pictures later ---> ok after many attempts I have managed to get some viewable pictures loaded. The morning trip to the floating islands was a little over the top touristy. The funeral tower ruins were interesting and the setting amazing but we should have shook the guide who went on and on about incan mystism, not our thing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Eat reeds.Eat reeds.
Eat reeds.

Sampling the local foods
Tourist trap.Tourist trap.
Tourist trap.

Doing the tourist reed boat ride thing and even got the hat.
Puno hotel roomPuno hotel room
Puno hotel room

This one is for Laurie. What a cozy family in our five bed dorm room.


5th May 2006

Fun, fun, fun
Don't forget to try the the foods of this area: Guinea Pig, Alpaca, Ceviche, Everything Chicha (Chicha Morada, Chicha Beer,Chicha Ice Cream), Arequipena, Cusquena, Cuscola, Rice Pudding, Anticuchos (Beef Hearts-on a stick!), Chirimoya, Trout, Empenadas, Inca Kola.
8th May 2006

Amazing Trip
Thanks for all of the updates...it looks as though you are having a fantastic time and learning lots of new things! All of the pictures look beautiful- I wish that I could zoom in on the ones in this section, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. I can't believe that you can walk in that room- but at least you're all together! Take care of each other, love you all very much and see you soon.
17th May 2006

Como va?
Hi Evan. I hope everything is ok... You are taking nice pictures, how my frien cameron? If you go to the amazon jungle, dont try to couch the anaconda ... have nice travel. :-)
18th May 2006

Hola
Hola mi amigo Saul! Cameron es moi bien, he was good at hiking and was offerred a job as a guide for the Inca trail. We didnt go to the jungle this time, but I did try some Inca trail downhill running with the porters which worried the guides. Hasta luego.

Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb