Travelling from Puno to Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took the Inka Express bus from Puno a couple of days after leaving LaPaz and enjoyed it a lot. The bus is first class so very comfortable with beverages of your choice served. We had 5 stops to visit ruins on the way as well as a lunch stop. The biggest stop was at Raquiy. This was the central temple and city of the Inka. You can still see the central wall of the temple standing with the stones all carved to fit each place exactly. What a lot of work as all the stones are polished and fitting precisely. Some of the wall surronding the city is also still standing over 3m high and 1.5 m thick for a distance of 5km. The food storage huts made of rock again in circular forms with thatched roofs are also impressive as there are 56 of them. This stored all the goods to be used at times of war, and when droughts hit parts of the Inka domain. They day we were there it was also a celebration of an anniversary solots of dancing with costumes and music. The Inka were definitely a very interesting culture and people. We arrived in Cusco and 5pm and our hostal is nice. We are now ging to rest for the last week of our visit. Today is a city tour of Cusco and some ruins close by and on Tuesday we take the train to Machu Piccu for three days. Back on Thursday and onto Lima via air on Friday or Saturday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb