Out of Hells Kitchen


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
July 4th 2005
Published: July 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post


We got up at 5:00 AM, again, to catch an early cab to the airport. The ride was double than normal... the cabbie then asked us to turn our heads away from other cabs... ok, I get it.... so this guy was a strike scab.. no problem. We kept our heads low all the way to the airport.

From there on everything went smoothly, flight departed on time and arrived in Juliaca without incident, which was a welcome change from the last few days.

We jumped on a collectivo (free enterprise communal van of sorts) for 10 soles for the 50 minute drive into Puno.

This city seems crammed compared to Arequipa. At some point the city planners decided 1 foot of side walk between building and road is more than enough for its 160,000 inhabitants.

The city´s charm did start to grow on us, things were easy to get to, as everything is concentrated near the city center.... prices are good on everything from fruits and veggies to lamb heads and end trails.

Not too much touristy stuff to do here, so we booked a two day excursion out to the Islands of Titicaca.
Chop Chop!!Chop Chop!!Chop Chop!!

Central Market... Carnivor department


Hotel has a spa, so I am checking in early tonight.

Oh, and Alessandra is finally feeling better.... Chifa (Chinese) won ton soup did the trick.

BTW Happy fourth to all of those south of the 49th! (Northern Hemi only... )


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb