Puno - Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca
November 30th 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 6 hours on our first bus ride off of Dragoman we arrived in Puno. as soon as we stepped off the bus this strange man was persuing us with offers of tours, taxi´s, accomodation and anything he could think of. He ended up in our hostal room and only took the hint to kindly leave us alone when we didn´t speak to him for 15 mins!

Puno wasn't anywhere near as attractive as its Bolivian counterpart, but we arranged a tour to look at the Uros Islands (Floating reed islands) and Isla Taquile.

The floating islands were ok, but they were very, very touristy and all geared to the gringo´s. Not much sign of real living on the islands but who are we to judge! Then off to Taquile Island, which on first arrival seemed to be some inbred cult where apparently men and women fall in love very young, have 2 babies then get married - this on a Catholic Island!

The tour leader wasn´t the best (to put it mildy) and after about 5 mins was quite annoying. We didn't have any free time to look at the islands by ourselves and instead were dictated to as to where we have lunch, where we would walk etc...

Still, we saw them, they were ok, it was a day off the bus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023kb