The Jungle


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ecoamazonia LodgesEcoamazonia LodgesEcoamazonia Lodges

Just arrived
We booked ourselves onto an Amazon Experience tour to the Ecoamazonia Lodges.
We flew from Cuzco with LAN airlines into Puerto Maldondo. When we were flying all we could see for miles was treetops. Getting off the plane we were hit by the heat of 36 degrees and the humidity was 93%.
From the airport we were brought by bus up to the boat which would bring us 2 hours up river to our lodges. But about halfway up the river the weather suddenly changed, we got caught in a tropical storm. The rain poured down, the thunder was very loud and the lightning lit up the whole boat. It was exciting though!
When we arrived a bit wet, we were shown to our lodges where we would be sleeping. The lodge was really nice and big with two rooms. One room for our beds and the other with 2 hammocks.

We were then brought to Monkey Island. Where we saw 5 different types of monkeys. It was a bit scary when walking through the island because you could hear rustling from above in the trees, like someone was following you. The monkeys came down to greet us and to get some bananas so it was really cool. That night we brought caymen watching out on the boat with a huge flashlight. We went up along the river and saw loads of eyes staring back at us.

The next day we went for a 15KM walk deep into te jungle. Where we saw more monkey´s caymen and trantulas. We then took a canoe back to the lodge along the way we saw loads of different birds.

We had a great time and definitely would recommend this tour.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

On the amazonOn the amazon
On the amazon

The view as we went down the river in our canoe


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb