Time to head back


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tambopata to Cusco


Can't believe a week can go this quick. But will be anxious to take our clothes to a laundry and take a hot shower. You are always sweating and nothing dries out.

We got up for a beautiful sunrise and took a morning hike. Still amazed by the walking palm, ant tree, etc. Came across a flock of Pale-winged Trumpeters. The research station had raised a few macaws some years ago. These birds were introduced back in the wild where they found wild mates. However, these birds did frequent to lodge and took to artificial nest boxes. Spotted several lizards, orchids flowers and such.

Fernando stopped and drew a circle with his laser and asked what did we see? ???nothing. Then he drew a smaller circle...again couldn't see anything. Then he drew it about 12 in. diameter...........he had to point out a frog that looked just like a dried leaf.

As we sped down the river, we spotted a jaguar walking along the edge of a sand bar, but it slid into forest as we attempted to turn around for a better look.

Got back to Rainforest Expedition hdqr, then to airport, and back to Cusco with no problems. Immediately took our clothes to a laundry. Hot shower felt so good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb