Exploring Miraflores


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
May 17th 2016
Published: May 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Slept pretty well after the long flight and indulged in reading a book before breakfast.

Like other major cities there are many similarities and it is relatively small things that remind you ar on a different continent and a different city. The state of the buses, the sound of the birds, the luxuriant vegetation and the feral cats sunning themselves in the park.

Martin and I walked down to the coast, fringed at this point by cliffs, to watch surfers and admire a wrought iron pier which looked remarkably reminiscent of Brighton or Eastbourne. The Tsunami warning sign was another indication of a different location.

A mist hung over the sea and I recalled from geography that the Humboldt Current runs north along the coast giving rise to the Atacama Desert and these persistent sea mists.

We walked back into the centre of the town and found a sandwich shop which sold excellent wraps, fresh orange juice and lactose and gluten free chocolate cake. We then found a park to sit in to eat. We were quickly joined by the local feral cats who surrounded Martin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb