First day in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 14th 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We started off this adventure with a 2 hour wait on our first plane of the trip in Raleigh on the runway. After that wait, the pilot told us they couldn´t legally keep us on the plane any longer so we taxied back to the gate and got off the plane. At this time, we didn´t know if we would fly out. Apparently weather in NYC was terrible. It was at this time we met our friendly Delta worker, Craig. Craig always kept a smile even with annoyed passengers demanding things. He said to us, "ah, our Lima travellers." After a few phone calls and several minutes of typing on the keyboard he had us on another flight to Atlanta the next gate over. Craig reinstated our faith in honeymoons!
With a few more delays, we were off to Atlanta, GA. Arrived there just in time for a quick bite to eat, last minute text messages and then boarded the plane for Lima, Peru! Flight was crowded but nice. Once we had electronic access at our seats, we immediately went to the games on the touch screens on the seats in front of us. Trivia was the first game played and was dominated by us. We did have a close competitor, Batman, but he was no challenge. In trivia, anyone on the plane can play and your name will appear on the touch screens. After a couple of games, Patty went to the movie section and Steve continued to play. Steve remained undefeated throughout the flight (he was playing against little kids). Patty, as usual, fell alseep half way through her movie.
After landing and getting through customs (our customs lady was not the happiest...she might have scared Patty a little) we found our driver for the hotel. He was very nice and and got us to Hostal el Patio in no time at all. We checked in a little after 1am and immediately fell asleep.
This morning, Wednesday, we got ourselves together and headed out toward the coast. Weather is overcast but in the 60´s. Walked to a couple of parks, went to a shopping district on a cliff, had our first Coca-Colas, and ate overlooking a cliff. Gorgeous but a little chilly! Left the shopping plaza and saw the internet cafe and wanted to check in with all of you. Lima is a charming city and everyone has been very nice.
Our plan is to make travel arrangements to leave the city tomorrow. We also plan to see the Plaza de Armas this afternoon. We will be headed to Nazca/Huacachina tomorrow. We will be (hopefully) surfing on sand dunes!!!
Take care everyone and we´ll update soon!
The Millers

Advertisement



14th July 2010

awesome
Hey guys, thanks for setting up the blog. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures that don't involve Steve talking up his weak video game/trivia skills!
14th July 2010

travel to Peru
Glad to hear you two made it there safe and sound. Craig did the right thing in sending you to Atlanta-NYC was and still has storms; first rain this part of the country (PA) has seen in a long while, but it was accompanied with lightning and thunder! Mid-sixties sounds good too--we are sweating over here! :) Look forward to reading more. Enjoy yourselves! Jillian
14th July 2010

Neat
PC and Steve: This is cool - I think I'm gonna enjoy this trip, even if only vicariously! Keep the reports coming and have a great time!
15th July 2010

:)
day one - check!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb