Lima and the Peruvian Coast


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
December 16th 2008
Published: January 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Righty ho, update number 3 in a row. I´m getting tired of typing now, so this one will be even shorter.

We flew to Lima as illness had buggered up our schedule and we needed to save time. Lima was nice, in a normal big city kinda way, but nothing special. It´s 7.5 million residents give it a sprawling and messy feel, but some areas are pleasant to stroll around and even the shopping centres were good as the Christmas decs and songs made us all festive. We pottered our days away and enjoyed that we had a good kitchen (a rarity in south american hostels) and could make our own food. Oh and there were some ruins. That just about covers Lima.

Next up was coastal Peru, or more specifically the resorts of Humachuaca and Mancora. The former was shut! Despite it being busy season (or so we thought) the place was deserted, so we lazed by the pool, walked along the quiet beach and found dinner anywhere that was open.

Mancora was rather different, it was packed. Our hostel was more like a beach hotel and the bar and swimming pool were constantly busy. Arriving on a Saturday morning after an overnight bus, we soon found that the English footie was on all morning (hurrah said Matt, sunbathing time said Chrissie). The place was rather 18-30´s hol, but we joined in on the Saturday night, drinking rum til it popped out our ears. On Sunday the bar was packed again, but we never got closer than peeking at it through the curtains or skirting past it to get to the beach late in the afternoon when it was cooler - we have decided that we are too old for rum hangovers!

The following day we headed off to Ecuador, waving goodbye to the land of Paddington Bear, while Matt still moaned at said bear´s recent switch from marmalade to marmite - He sold out to the man and he knows it! I guess everyone has their price.

There you are, told you this one would be quick.

Love
Matt and Chrissie
x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Fanny JamFanny Jam
Fanny Jam

Nuff said
Box of guinea pigsBox of guinea pigs
Box of guinea pigs

Still a Peruvian delicacy to this day!
..
.

"Alright Steve, what´s that bloke looking at?" "Us Dave and he seems to be licking his lips!"


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb