South America done


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
October 31st 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

My South American trip is just about done...well bar the next five hours till my flight leaves for mexico...everyone from the tour has now gone so it´s just me left now...until my new tour starts tomorrow...

the last week has been fun...first we went to trujillo which is on the north coast of peru...there we saw some pretty impressive ruins...the site is called chan chan and it is from a pre inkan civilisation ....all the ruins are built out of mud bricks...but since it never rains here they have survived...a lot of the original paintings have also survived so they are pretty interesting to go and see...

after a couple of days there we decided to head back down to lima....which has also been really nice....taken at a lot slower pace than the tour!...we have wandered around the district we have been staying in - miraflores- which is very nice as it includes the coastline, and been to the historic centre of town to have a wander...and looked at the san francisco church and catacombs...i have seen an unusually high number of dead bodies this holiday!...

we also had a go at paragliding...which is really fun...altho possibly the most gentle sport there is...as all you do is float around in the wind...

other than that we haven´t done too much...apart from treat ourselves to some good food...last night, since it was the girls last night, we headed to a restaurant called astrid and gaston - which according to the critics is the best restaurant in south america....and it was very good!...and shockingly for those of us used to london prices it came to around 40 a head - for two courses and wine!

tomorrow i shall be in mexico..which i am very much looking forward too...hopefully there will be some hotter weather...as the weather here is not particularly hot...usually around 20, and mostly overcast...

south america has been great and hopefully central america will be just as good...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb