Lima, Goodbye South America


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 21st 2008
Published: June 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Plenty of SandPlenty of SandPlenty of Sand

Coastal Desert
We arrived on our overnight bus at about midday. We had decided to travel in Semi Cama to save a bit of money and the stiff neck in the morning explained why it was a little cheaper but still we were fed a great meal and even given two movies in English to watch so cant complain.

We chose the top front two seats again as you get great panoramic views from here and we were traveling all morning in the light. The flip side is you get to scrutinise the drivers ability far to much. This guy was a little eratic and he pulled out to contemplate overtaking at every opportunity. It was a nice way to stop you from drifting back to sleep and very scary at times especially given our birds eye view. The last few hours into Lima were past Paracas and a large costal deserts which is one of the driest in the world. Strange seeing a desert lying next to the ocean.

Lima was grey and dull which we have heard is often the case and maybe an explanation for why the Inca worshiped the Sun.

We checked into our accommodation "The Flying Dog" in Miraflores which seems a very nice part of Lima. We then headed down to the beach for a walk and to stretch our legs. There were plenty of surfers out catching a few waves but taking advice we didn't venture in as we heard the pollution is bad. We found a supermarket (a novelty) and walked the isles in delight at the variety of food. Yesterday was just relaxing and wandering and this morning we fly out of Lima and South America for a new adventure in Mexico and Central America.

We cant belive how fast our South America journey has gone but maybe this is a reflection of how much we have enjoyed it. You don't seem to waste a second in this part of the world even if it is at a slower pace, soo much to see and do.

We need to return!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lima BeachLima Beach
Lima Beach

Check out the open air, glass walled squash court on the Beach.


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb