Day 2...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 18th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After sleeping for 7hrs we woke up at 04.00 as it was 10.00 in the uk!! after sleeping for a couple more hours we went down and had breakfast which was mega good. We had fruit, toast, cereal, egg and bacon and orange juice. we then decided to go for a bowl about. i am probably the tallest man in lima and Emily is definately the blondest so we get loads of looks, beeped at and every bus and taxi thinks we want to get in. we got asked to go in a big old church by some old bird, so we had a little pray then went down to the sea. we met some peruvian surfers who seemed really friendly until they realised we were an item and quickly went off. we walked along the beach and back up towards the city where we found a swiss shopping centre with loads of good shops, i had my first beer and emily had a massive ice cream. we wanted to find a supermarket and Emily decided to ask some street seller how to find one in french, he directed us to a proper stinky old market where the chicken smelt about 6 weeks old and there were about 10 million flies everywhere. i saw a nice looking street food shop but Emily told me i would die if i ate there, i said she could have a mcdonalds if i could get something but she still said no !!! we then came back to the hotel where Emily went to sleep and i watched Spain vs greece, the highlights of Sweden vs russia. I then disappointedly saw my new team Peru lose 6 - 0 to uruguay with forlan getting a hatrick. we went out for dinner and luckly i picked a restaurant with brazil vs argentina but it was nil nil!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb