Day 15 Lima - Australia


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Barranco
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

BarrancoBarrancoBarranco

Street scene from Barranco which is an outer suburb of Lima
We caught a Taxi out to the airport around 3 hours before our flight left which left us plenty of time to book in.

The flight to Santiago (Chile) was good and we had a 6 hour stop over to kill time. Not much to do in an airport for six hours but to play cards, eat, talk and duty free shopping. We both decided to buy some "Pisco" (rum) so we could make Pisco Sour back in Australia; we also brought a few other knick knacks.

The flight to New Zealand was around 12 hours and we both slept for about 7 - 8 hours of it so it went pretty quick, then we had two hours to kill in New Zealand so we ended up watching some of Wimbledon (Hewitt and Roddick) Couldn’t get over customs though, they confiscated our Pisco at New Zealand because we were in transit, we were pretty sure the boys just wanted to drink it so not much we could do but surrender it as we didn't want to see our faces on airport security.

We both has a safe trip back to Melbourne despite being told of the strong winds
BarrancoBarrancoBarranco

Another street scene from Barranco
that battered Adelaide the day before because I think the airlines were expecting bad turbulence coming into Tullamarine.

Peru is great place and we both heard so many good and bad reports about the place and our reports are nothing but good.

From LAN, Star Peru and TACA airlines they were all great and would highly recommend the three of them to travel with. From their staff, the food to their baggage handling they were terrific. Of all the accommodation we had we have no complaints and special thanks to Anna from Casa De Anna in Arequipa for her hospitality and help.

Would I go back to Peru for a holiday?............No, we have both seen the country and love it and would highly recommend it to anyone contemplating to travel there as the country has so much to offer, from the barren land, the Andes to the Jungle there is so much to see and do it will leave you in awe.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Barranco's Backpacker InnBarranco's Backpacker Inn
Barranco's Backpacker Inn

Our room at Barrancos Backpackers Inn, well worth the stay there, clean and comfortable.
A typical MealA typical Meal
A typical Meal

A typical meal which consists of French Fries, meat, rice, tomato, capsicum


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb