Edit Blog Post
Published: March 18th 2019
Is in the south of the sprawling city of Lima (11million). The area of Miraflores directly to the north is stacked with high-rise condos and US chain stores.
In hindsight we could have spent less time here and found another place in Peru for a week or so.
We found Lima too big, busy and crowded for our liking, particularly after the charm of Cuenca.
Traffic in and around Lima is brutal so we avoided taxis and Uber and walked, 75km last week.
The apartment was excellent and of all the districts we felt Barranco was the most genuine and the best bet for us.
There are 6 panoramas in the section above. They change every 5 seconds.
1. Barranco beach on a hot weekend. Too crowded for us. Reminded us of Sauble Beach on a long weekend in summer.
2. An Incan inspired wall mural in Barranco.
3. Plaza de Armas in central Lima.
4. From Miraflores, looking south to Barranco.
6. The National Archaeological Museum of Peru
Next; the final leg of our winter adventure: a 12 day tour of Southern Peru, Nazca, Arequipa, Colca, Puno, Lake Titicaca then on to Cusco and Machu Picchu.
We custom built the trip with the help of Peru Tourism so are anticipating a very interesting finale.
Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb