Nevado Huaytapallana


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Junin » Huancayo
July 24th 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Huaytapallana, in Castilian means: Place where the flowers take shelter, derived from the etimología Quechua: Huayta: Flower, Pallar: to gather. Pertenciente to the Eastern Mountain range of Central the $andes. With 900 mestros of unevenness between the level of waters and the tip of the snowed one. The Made snow-white Huaytapallana, in principle is a body of great snow, much attractive the human being, wakes up its admiration and respect by the great amount of water and potential energy that keeps. According to the Andean sincretismo: It is considered like the dwelling of the Apus, make rituals of payment or offering there (the offerings are fruits, candies, flowers and licor). The Snow-covered Huaytapallana has the following tips: a) Huaytapallana, b) Chuspi, c) Cochas, d) the Tello, e)El Rangra, f) Talves, g) Putcacocha h) Archigrande. The following rivers are born of the Snow-covered Huaytapallana: a) The Shullcas river that is born in the Lazuhuntay Lagoon and the Chuspicocha lagoon, that ends at the Mantaro river. B) Pariahuanca river ends at the Mantaro river in the Eastern Zone; that it goes to the Eyebrow of Forest (Pariahuanca and Chilifruta). c) Yacus river is born of the Huacracocha lagoon. d) Achamayo river is born of the Putcacocha Lagoon. They exist around all snowed of the Huaytapallana the 5 lagoons: a) Chuspicocha, b) Lazuhuntav, c) Azulcocha, d) Carhuacocha, e)Cochagrande. In the lagoon of Lazuhuntay, is not presence of fish, because it has enough sediment presence and minerals as sulfur and receives and by the height appropriate food does not exist, is fangoso. The water of turquesa the Lazunhuntay lagoon is of color, by the presence of I oxidize of copper and sulphates in its composition. From another side, a question arises: To that it must that are marine animal fossils on rocks of the snowed one? According to the scientific theory it says us that there was a glacial time at which the hills and mountain ranges were part of the Ocean and which they went rising thanks to the great tectonic forces, taking in its summits vestiges of the marine life. According to the Bible it relates to us that 4.000 years ago back a great Universal deluge in the days of the Patriarch took place Noah who covered with water all hills and due to the great forces and weight of the water the hills raised to high altitude forming Mountain ranges. As a result of it the marine animal vestiges were left in their surface recording by leaching their bodies on the rock. They also exist the presence of deer, hawks, vizcachas, quílincho, ducks or huachuas. Something that called the attention to me is that the breathing was to weighing on the 5000 meters of altitude had greater respirabilidad, then arises the question: Why our breathing does not suffer to those heights, as it happens frequently in other high places. This phenomenon occurs because they promote winds loaded of I oxygenate and humidity of the Central Forest, can be seen at the moments in that the Snowed one is covered with Fog to such degree that it prevents to see beyond of a few meters. The birds that live close to the snowed one are: Sparrowhawk, bird Whistle, zorrillos, calincha, huamán, ducks or huachuas. Something I call the attention when descendiamos of the Snowed one and was the presence of some dancers, then while we saw them the distant spot, it asked to me What Important ceremony is made in the snowed one, or in the lagoons. One of the main ceremonies that are made according to the tradition of the spades (priests huancas) is for receiving the Andean New Year, that is made the 19 of June of every year, is eve of the solstice of the 21 of June and near the celebration of the Intiraymi. Offerings to the Taita Huallallo, with participation of local, national and foreign tourists, request protection, good cultures, water and life and a benign climate to the elements: the water, the fire, the wind, the Earth. It is made a dance of scissors, cánticos in quechua and also Santiago or huaylash. Chewed or chacchado of cocaine and a toast with chicha of jora and soaked of cane and chuchuhuasi. All this ceremony is directed by the Yachachikuna (Priest or Spade, or Andean Teacher). It was the denominated celebration of Santiago or huaylash, which the people of towns near the Snow-covered Huaytapallana also celebrated or call Apu Huaytapallana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb