temple del sol y luna


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Junin » Huancayo
July 24th 2007
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

today was cold....no sun!!!! wahhhh... we went to the temple of the sun and the temple of the moon. they are the largest temples in the western hemishere. we cold only go into the temple of the moon because they are still excavating the temple of the sun. these temples were made by the moche around 200=800 ac. this is the civilization the was before the one that we saw yesterday. the temple was very interesting. their were beautiful painting and murals on the walls.

after the tour, we went to horse farm for lunch. we sat out on the patio and watched traditional trujillian dancing with the horses and a lady (i forgot what they call her). i had chicken and it was yuck yuck....other had baby goat...thats so sad!!!! then we got to climb on the horse and ride on them. i hate horses cuz they smell but i was a good sport and climbed on. we actually had a free afternoon today so we went to get picarones which are peruvian donuts. they were good kinda of like a funnel cake but without the powdered sugar. i only had one ...just a taste. i think i gained weight since i have been here. they dont believe in veggies here!!! papas and rice comes with everything!!!! cant wait to start exercising again. and it is not like i am eating everything in site. everyone says that i eat too healthy!!!

so i think we are getting chifa tonite which is peruvian chinese food....

i am sooo cold right now...last night i was wearing shorts and today i am wearing a scarf and gloves....i hate the cold.

tomorrow we are going to chiclayo which is northern peru. on the 28th we are going to ecuador...cant wait!

anyways...gtg do some home work while i have some free time

ttyl
love kelly

Advertisement



25th July 2007

sorry it was cold
Hi Kelly so sorry it was not sunny and warm today. If it makes you feel any better, it was hot this morning, but once it started to storm this afternoon it didn't stop raining--gloomy, like Lima! We are going for Chinese food too - Floridian style! Love, Mommy and Daddy PS Daddy says, he can't wait for you to go and see his Peeps - and yours!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb