Indiana Birthday


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca
March 17th 2016
Published: March 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We all woke up about half an hour before the bus arrived in Nazca. Ed was very excited as he's turned eleven.
The hotel was only a two minute walk from the bus station and it was great that they let us into our room so early.
Ed asked if we could go back to Encantada for breakfast and they were just opening the metal shutters when we turned up at 8.00. We had a small bag of prezzies and cards for Ed to open and he was very chuffed with them all. He had spaghetti bolognese for breakfast and, much to my amusement, Cas' order turned out to be a bowl of tinned peaches. However, she was very happy with her Cappuccino and Frappuccino as the coffee overall has been lack lustre.
Back to the hotel to catch a taxi to Mirador, a high platform on the Pan American highway from which we could view three of the Nazca symbols: the frog, the tree and the lizard. Ed thought it was a great way to spend his birthday morning looking at something that was in Indiana Jones and the Krystal Skull.
The seeming Peruvian hotel obsession with towel origami continues, this time we have swans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb