Diddley Squit!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca
March 30th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke this morning to the wonderfully inevitable diddley squits! This coinciding with a 12 hour coach journey all the way to Areiquipa! Thank you Mr Imodium, Lottie loves you!

After hours of more desert scenery, followed by hugging the shore line of the Pacific Ocean we made a little stop at the cliff top town of Chala and had tea overlooking the bay. Wonderful crashing waves and bizarrly vultures but also a few sealions. Chala used to be a very poor place to live until silver and copper mines were discovered 6 years ago. Now it is very prosperous as a result. We were carrying on along the shoreline road when all of a sudden Max and the driver pointed out something to each other and we all piled out of the coach again. We all had to line up and then run towards the waves not knowing why! Suddenly we spotted all these little orange crabs scuttling sideways as they tried to get to their little burrows in the sand before we caught them. Very funny. We all enjoyed a break on the beach, a couple of our insane group even went in swimming. Paddling was enough for me and drawing messages in the sand.

Back on the coach we began a stomach lurching windy coach ride from hell (remember my diddley squitty problem!) as the road hugged the cliff with massive drops on the right hand side. I didnĀ“t look! We saw loads more red headed vultures gliding by, a strange sea bird!

Finally we headed away from the sea, saying goodbye to the Pacific as we made our way inland and up up up and away to the mountainous region. With my diddley squit problems I was sooo relieved to arrive at our hotel in Ariquipa and collapse into bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb