Lima to Nazca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca
November 1st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So i am now in Nazca, and hopefully will be able to upload some photos to accompany this blog.

From Lima i travelled south down to Pisco to try the famous Pisco Sour, not the best town as it was destroyed by an earthquake last year and is still recovering. But just next to it is the Paraca coastline, which is stunning, and the Ballestas Islands which are home to all kinds of sea birds (penguins, pelicans, cormarants etc) and also sea lions and are famous for the large quantities of guano they produce! Had a speed boat ride out to the islands and apart from the smell it was great. We then went on to a Pisco factory to see how the drink is made (distilled grapes) and got to sample all the different varieties, so by the time we made it to an oasis in the middle of the desert it was time for a good lunch. I then tried sandboarding, which was excellent although i didn't have my camera on me so you'll have to wait for the photos from that. It was pretty incredible though and some really steep slopes!

There was then a hair raising drive to Nazca. You couldn't pay me enough money to drive in Peru, they are crazy! Over taking on blind bends and the top of hills, it was terrifying! But luckily made it here safely. And just had a great day exploring the cemeteries and ruins around Nazca and of course seeing the Nazca lines. I took a flight in a cessna over them, and they were pretty incredible. Definately worth the sickness that went with the flight. Then had a BBQ by the pool and relaxed in the sun (the weather is gorgeous, near 30°) ready for the over night bus journey to Arequipa...


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd November 2008

hola
hola lucy - who would have thought you were famous even in S America :-) glad to hear and see the trip has been so arduous! we have had a sunday morning family gathering to read the latest travel blog :-) awesome photographs as always. dad successfully dropped nick off for his mini spanish adventure and suzy's not happy about having to go back to work tomorrow :-( keep us updated lots of love us xxx
3rd November 2008

Hello!!
Hi Lucy, The photos look awesome- you must be having a fun time taking them. The trips sounds amazing too- and you are so near the start- lots to go still!! no news from me- trying to sort out things for Dublin move. Keep on having fun, Na

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb