Nazca Lines


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
November 21st 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Flight over Nazca Lines
In the morning, depsite our camp guides obvious hangovers, we got up at 6.30am and Jeejo drove us perilously fast across the sand dunes. We breakfasted in the hostel and caught a bus to Nazca. It was incredibly hot as we drove to the little airfield for our flight over the Nazca Lines. Despite our sensible strategy of not drinking much the night before, the stifling 40 degree heat in the Cessna cockpit before take off made Rach feel queasy. Not often airsick, the Nazca flight is notorious for pukers due to the thermals providing a bumpy ride over the pampa. It didn´t help circling each pattern twice to ensure we got good photos. Jase managed to spot all the shapes and Rach all bar two, due to nausea. Some were easier to spot than others, and we particularly liked the Hummingbird and Spider, and Jase liked the Astronaut, although Rach reckoned it just depicted a person with a large head. Relieved we landed back on the runway and refreshed ourselves by chilling by the pool. Jase even went to the gym with Ricardo he was feeling that energetic.

Night Bus
We hung around until 11am when we caught the midnight overnight bus to Arequipa. We weren´t looking forward to this, as we´d heard reports of thefts while people are sleeping. Our fears weren´t realised, as a very smart coach pulled up and we were allocated huge leather chairs that reclined almost horizontal to a perfect sleeping position. So we snoozed amazingly well, only waking as our ears popped as we gained altitude. Woke feeling relatively refreshed considering the last two nights were spent out of bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th December 2007

Cessna junkies
Hummingbird? Spaceman? Are these pet names for each other, I quite like that idea. You Cessna junkies.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb