Weather Chart & Balloon Animals


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Sacred Valley
June 28th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

29th May is a holiday in Peru leaving me only one more day to teach. I taught 4A more about the use of will & related questions, with Sophia (new volunteer who started on Monday) & Luci. Then, in our 90 minute break we headed to Ulrike's cafe & Sophia & I went through every class & where they were in my lesson plans. It was mad to realise that I hadn't actually taught 4B at all in a month.
Following that we returned to school. We passed a couple of primary kids with plastic cups & cutlery who told us they were for a fair they were having. Well, when we got there, there was indeed a "gastronomica feria" in the primary grounds. Outside each class was a stall or two selling different traditional food, with the recipes written up on large posters behind them! Clearly this also meant that the majority of the secondary students were milling around there until well after standard break time. As is often the case, there was no bell either. However, I was determined to complete at least one weather chart with the first years as Paty & I spent the entirety of Thursday afternoon cutting shapes out of card. So between the disciplinara for the class, Sophia & I, we got the majority of 1A into class & taught them weather sentences ("It is sunny") then started them on the weather chart. They all worked very hard on it & the pictures were fabulous! We did finish late (as we only had 30 minutes in total) & I apologised profusely to the next teacher, but it was well worth it & Sophia was keen to make the other 3 charts next week!
So, we started late with 3A but managed to get them through working in groups on local fiestas, with homework. Teaching has been so rewarding &, usually, really good fun!
After dinner, we met up with the Pisac gang, including newbies Lizzie & Simon, at the famous orange bridge, & then spent the evening in Urubamba, in the Muse 2 but team Pisac (known as Torta de Naranja - really good, after quizmaster Sorcha's favourite saying) failed to win due to a distinct lack of phobia knowledge in the bet round. However, the balloon animals round proved how innovative volunteers can be with toilet roll. We got bonus points for creating a mini Sorcha & a dog to chase her, thus reenacting poor Sorcha's experience on the outskirts of Pisac earlier.
Luke headed onto Tequila's for late night drinking while me & my dodgy stomach returned to Pisac with Lizzie & Simon. I found a large stone to hide the key under for Luke, & so our family assumed we were both home at the fairly reasonable hour of 1 am.

Drink of the Day: Pisco Sour

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb