Music in Olly


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Ollantaytambo
August 12th 2005
Published: September 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

On Friday evening one of my students, 'Jackeline', had arranged a concert at which she sang. I was pretty impressed with the whole set up, she´d obviously put a lot of energy into getting the thing organised... all the equipment, spreading the word, and getting an accompanying band along ('Incas del Arpa' (Incas of the Harp)). There was a nice atmosphere, although Peruvians have this really strange custom of lining the edges of the 'viewing area' as apposed to gathering in the middle! Ollantay is a really good venue for a concert, a stage down in this little village, surrounded on all sides by the Andes and Inca ruins. I thought to myself, when I have a band one day, Peru would be a good place to do a tour!

That evening myself and Anna had booked to take the train to Aguas Calientes (the village just bellow the ruins of Machu Picchu). We turned up at the station at 7.30 ready for our 8 pm departure. We hadn´t opted to book our hostel in advance, as we estimated to be arriving at about 10 pm which should leave plenty of time to find a hostel. As it was, the train turned up 3 hours 40 mins late at 11.40pm!... and we ended up rolling into AC´s at roughly 2am. We thought this may complicate the hostel situation, but luckily managed to find one near the station without any hassle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb