Machu Picchu Again


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
April 21st 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Machu PicchuMachu PicchuMachu Picchu

Machu Picchu taken from the path up to the Sun Gate. Huayna Picchu, the hill I walked up the previous day is in the background.
Yesterday´s trip to Machu Picchu and climb up Huayna Picchu was really just an optional extra. But I could not just hang around in Aguas Calientes when Machu Picchu was only half an hour away on a bus.

Today the tour group got up early to catch a bus from Agaus Calientes to Machu Picchu to get there before the people on day trips from Cuzco.

Got to Machu Picchu about 7am, and most of us walked up to the Sun Gate to get the classic postcard views of Machu Picchu. About the same height as Huayna Picchu but certainly not as steep.

The path to the Sun Gate is the one that people walking the Inca Trail come down to Machu Picchu after thier four day trek. Saw a few of them coming down as we were going up. Also saw their porters carrying what seemed like massive loads.

After walking to the Sun Gate, obviously had to walk back to Machu Picchu where we had a local guide take us on a two hour tour of the city. He was really good at explaining the different parts of the city, and pointing out Inca astronomy, gardens, constuction techniques, and much more ...

After the tour spent another hour or so and took a few photos of the city. Then caught bus back to Aguas Calientes. Had a bit of lunch, and then spent a couple of hours waiting around with the rest of the tour group for the train back to Ollantaytambo.


Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/







Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Another Machu Picchu PictureAnother Machu Picchu Picture
Another Machu Picchu Picture

Taken from the Sun Gate.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.4kb