Location, location, location.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
March 9th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: View from Wayna Picchu 35 secs
After what has been a genuine struggle (see last few posts), Sandra and I decided to do something apart from the van before we made the rash decision to drive it off a cliff while filled with dynamite. A generous donation by family members made it possible to see the spectacular ruins of Machu Picchu. I really anticipated a partial let-down since I have already seen so many pictures of the place. Nope. It is much more amazing than a picture could ever capture. When we arrived the place was shrouded by mist and mystery which gave-way a few hours later to the mountains and majesty which surround this site. We even made the decision to climb the nearby Wayna (Huayna) Picchu. It is a solid hour of catching your breath followed by another hour of having your breath taken away. If you ever go to this beautiful place and you are capable, this climb is not to be missed. Even the afternoon rain could not dampen the experience. Just amazing.

As I write this, we are back to the world of mechanics and stress but I am WAY too tired to blog about that. Let's just enjoy the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The violent river in Aguas CalientesThe violent river in Aguas Calientes
The violent river in Aguas Calientes

...the town that serves Machu Picchu


17th March 2011
The violent river in Aguas Calientes

WOw.
dangerous waters. i like your zarape.

Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb