Around the World in one month


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Jeffrey had a little llamaJeffrey had a little llamaJeffrey had a little llama

there was a cop coming up the street to shoo off these little urchins and this girl totally saw the cop coming and was trying to pull the llama out of my grasp to make a run for it.
So it begins. The epic trip around the world. Not in a hot air balloon and not in 80 days. This is a private jet complete with a gourmet chef and 1st class seats. We stay in 5 star hotels and we eat at the finest restaurants. No one wants for anything. We don't carry our own luggage nor do we suffer the indignities of having to fill out our own customs forms.
How did I get this gig you might ask? Just plain lucky.
I am the doctor on board this trip around the world. After traveling southeast asia and south america for 4 months I had to go back to work and this is how it begins. Oh, the salt mines...
The first leg of this crazy trip was from Orlando, where we stayed at the Ritz Carlton, and then flew down to Lima, Peru. Our hotel there was of course, 5 star (one of the Orient-Express Hotels). It made the Ritz look like a Motel 6. There were people everywhere you turn to take your bag, help you find where you needed to go or basically just smile and tell you that you are a wonderful person for spending your money in their great hotel. Mind you, this isn't my money. I didn't pay for any of this. But those that did pay paid plenty. About 65,000 for the month, to be exact. Dollars that is.
Lima was nice, though we saw a lot of museums, with lots of pots. And then more pots, and finally some pots.
From there we went to see the famed Machu Pichu (see the pics) in Cusco. Some say it is a mystical place and although I didn't feel any epiphanies while I was there, it is pretty cool. Essentially though, it is a another pile of rocks, which most of us have seen ad nauseum. The difference with this pile of rocks is that it is in one of the most amazing settings at 8000 ft up in the Andes. Had this pile of rocks been in a field at sea level, you would not even blink at it. However, this clearly wasn't the case. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Machu PichuMachu Pichu
Machu Pichu

Behold the great and holy Machu Pichu!
Machu PichuMachu Pichu
Machu Pichu

Thru the ruins to the valley below
Machu PichuMachu Pichu
Machu Pichu

check out the llamas having lunch
Girl dancing with horseGirl dancing with horse
Girl dancing with horse

This was at a ranch in Lima where we had our own private horse show.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb