Update May 21st


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
May 21st 2007
Published: May 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Many changes for the team in the last few days. The pipeline team has been slowly headed home so the house is much quieter. It is odd to not have a full team of nearly 15 around. As each one leaves we miss them as we had grown together as cohesive team. It was fun to note that the solar heater team got to lay the pipeline and the pipeline team was the ones to help put the tanks in place. Each team stepped up when needed and did what needed to be done to move all the projects forward.

The second group to go to Machu Picchu returned Friday night as the third and final group headed out Saturday morning. Some have asked for more photos so I will post a few more from the last group.

Work wise Laurie gave an update on the 19th. The crew that was here Thursday and Friday worked hard to get the solar collector box finished and tanks in place. Monday the crew worked on plumbing issues, sourcing Plexiglas, dealing with previous plumbing work that may have to be redone, and assessing how to get the water storage tank to
Machu Picchu before sunriseMachu Picchu before sunriseMachu Picchu before sunrise

Machu Picchu before sunrise. Huayna Picchu is the peak in the background that each of the teams has climbed. The pictures looking down on Machu Picchu are from the top of Huayna Picchu.
work.

Often we find ourselves mired in work done by others that we had not planned that we would have to repair or redesign so that we can get our portion to work. It is all part of the game in “real world” engineering.

Health wise most are doing well, Kam is fighting his second round of the crud. We hope he will be feeling better soon. We all eat cautiously, but it is always a risk here.

The next few days will be busy as we enter the final stages to get the heater running and try to correct all the other issuses.

Hasta Mañana



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Machu Picchu from Huayna PicchuMachu Picchu from Huayna Picchu
Machu Picchu from Huayna Picchu

Group three overlooking Machu Picchu. The team includes Dan, Aaron, Josh, Elaine and Tim.
Siesta time at Machu PicchuSiesta time at Machu Picchu
Siesta time at Machu Picchu

After getting up at 4:45 am one of the terraces at Machu Picchu is a great place to take an after lunch siesta.


23rd May 2007

Thanks for the updates
We are Kam's parents in Hungary. We were so excited to access this site for information and photos of the work and play in Peru. Kam, we hope you get totally healthy. It sounds like you are accomplishing good things. It's great to read about it.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb