Cusco, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
October 21st 2005
Published: October 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have arrived in the city of Cusco. Sorry Buneos Aires you have been relagated to number two spot. Cusco is wonderful, filled with true Peruvian character. The colours are amazing! Have been on a bit of a shopping spree, bought a rather expensive potato but its a long story and the potato turns out to be a mirror with the most wonderful carvings around the side...hence the potato! The markets here are filled with great handmade products and I think we might be in trouble with baggage. Within one hour of landing we had purchased an additional bag for all the crafts we had yet to buy. Furthmore I´m in bead heaven which from past experiences can be deadly! Its difficult to stop buying them!

We leave today for Hot Springs on a four hour train journey. Then tomorrow it is early rising for the sunrise at Manchu Picchu. Something tells me this is going to be a very special experience.

Thankfully I escaped the altitude sickness. Neil had a little episode but recovered well. The only thing that seems to have suffered more is my make up, which is exploding all over the place.

Love you all,

Frankie and Neil

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb