We are in Peru - CUSCO


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
March 25th 2015
Published: April 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We just arrived in Cusco....the Capital of the Inkan Empire and continent's oldest continuously inhabited city.

We are here for a few weeks to explore the Sacred Valley, and go to Machu Picchu.

We are staying in this wonderful part of the city called San Blas. It's lovely.

We found our 2 favourite restaurant:

Taco Mania - amazing mexican food

The Meeting Place ( the best avocado/tomato sandwich and choc milk shakes 😊 - it's run strictly on volunteers so there are many characters from all over the world, volunteering there time and improving their Spanish. We quickly made friends and had a blast chatting with all the wonderful people.

Before arriving we had planned to take a week of spanish lessons....we had a fantastic experience do to the most wonderful/patient teacher Glady's at The San Blass Spanish School!

We also explored multiple museums filled with artifacts and history.

Living at the high altitude of (3300m)we would get easily winded walking up the multiple stairs, not a huge appetite, and I had insomnia.

Their traditional dress was so spectacular with color. The woman used these brightly colored pieces of cloth to carry everything on their back.....whether it was crafts they were selling, food our their babes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb