Dead Dogs – an occasional blog filler


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

During his travels, your correspondent has noticed that the local dogs of South America have two standard speeds. One is at 40kmh as it hurtles down the road chasing a 30 tonne bus or lorry (while trying to burst a tyre with it’s teeth), or crashed out, motionless on the pavement, doorstep of a house or as we have seen often, in the road itself.

While the first activity seems amazingly energetic and dangerous (all dogs do this – from the smallest yappy dog to the biggest Dane of them all) , it strikes me not as defending territory, but as a demonstration against air and noise pollution. Catalytic convertors have not yet been invented in South America and your skill as a driver is measured by how much of a din you can make while polluting the atmosphere.
The second activity is much more relaxing. As the dear reader will see, it appears the dogs just fall over where they have been stood and immediately reach a Utopian state of sleep. How I have envied them at times. Wendy was the one who coined the phrase “dead dogs” as that is definitely the impression they gave.

Your correspondent would like to assure you all, that no dogs were injured for the purpose of this blog – apart from the ones who were kicked to make sure they were actually breathing.

So without further ado, here are some of the Dead Dogs of South America.

Ps as they were all asleep, there was no need of a small puppy or kitten.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



29th September 2011

dead dogs
Enough sleepers to lay a railway line! Looks as if they have been treated to one or more of Wendy's stories about housing management in the good old days:-)
1st October 2011

aaww I love how they are all in the same position - max surface area against the cool ground! clever hoodas :-) x
1st October 2011

Dead dogs??
You sure you didn't stun them just to get tose photos??? wish the ones that lived by us would do that!! Liz xxx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb